Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day of Outings


Well, this morning I have my hands full…
                My poor husband woke up this morning, sick as a dog. We think he ate something bad. As such, he (and I) was up most of the night.
                This morning, it was easy to motivate Brandon, and almost as easy for Tracey. See, we have a planned play date at the park this morning and I am wanting to go to the library before that. Kids had me up at 7 and I immediately told the kids of my plans for the days. Brandon jumped in the shower without a second word. Tracey and Arthur, not so much. Tracey decided that she wants to go play at the park, and so once I got through to her that the sooner they are ready the sooner we leave, she got herself ready.
Now here we sit, at 9 am, and Arthur has still yet to actually get dressed. Asked him why he refuses to get dressed? His answer “why cant we stay home and play today?” So I reminded him about the puzzles at the library and the new playground at the park along with new friends. It seemed to have worked as now he has underwear on… but has stalled once again…
So we get in the car and as we turn to go to the library, Brandon suddenly asks where we are going… To the library, like I have told you 3 times already. Let the argument commence because he doesn’t want to go to the library, he wants to go straight to the park, even though it is going to be an hour before anyone else gets there.
The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. Enjoyed the park immensely and met lots of new friends. Kids had a blast, and it was only the babies getting too tired that made us go home.
When we got home, Tracey Arthur and Brandon wanted to play in the pool and after filling it up decided it was too cold and wanted to take a bath… so for the next 2 hours, all 3 of them decided that it was not a tub but a pool and decided to turn the bathroom into a lake…. Where was I you ask? I admit it, I was hiding. The babies were down for a nap and I was exhausted and wanted some time with my hubby.
It is now almost 8pm and I am supposed to be doing my homework for my last week in this quarter. A lot of catchup work to do for the end of the season. But what I am actually doing is listening to quiet music, ignoring the children playing in their beds and clearing my mind of all the days stresses. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow, and just maybe I will be able to straighten the house a bit… Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment